POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) : Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:12:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping - new WIP (~130kB)
From: Shay
Date: 11 Aug 2007 08:19:06
Message: <46bda93a$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I fully agree. A distinction should be made indeed and these kind of
> images/scenes, in my view, are not intended to be hanging on a wall.

I hope you didn't miss my point that I believe this scene to be an
exception to that rule - perhaps because it's not as full a scene as it
appears to be. The focus of the image is narrow and obvious. The simple
surroundings frame rather than distract from the subject. Realist
stylizations don't allow for much editorialization, but I think you've
used what tools are available within that stylization very effectively.

 -Shay